June 13, 2019
10:20 am to 11:30 am
Kelty Dennehy Mental Health Resource Centre
1337 St. Andrews Ave.
North Vancouver, BC
Interested in our sing-along group? Here’s everything you need to know!
- We get together regularly: Tuesday and Thursday mornings small groups (drop-ins welcome) meet at HOpe Centre Atrium at 10:20 AM, and walk over to Evergreen to sing with the residents on the 2nd floor from 10:45 to 11:30 AM.
- It’s not a rehearsal or a performance – no training or rehearsal required – we’re singing together for fun.
- We try to learn everybody’s name, even in large groups.
- Instead of preparing set lists, we take requests. Mainly campfire songs, Broadway show tunes, pop tunes from the 20s, 30s and 40s.
- We sit in a circle so we can see everyone when we’re singing.
- We don’t use lyric sheets and keep most songs simple – starting with one verse and a chorus.
- We don’t cover up our mistakes – if we get lost, or forget what we’re doing, we laugh and keep going. Our rule is: If you forget a line, sing la la la!
- We trust we’ll get help when we need it – the residents and staff at Evergreen are unfailingly warm and welcoming!
- Instrumental accompaniment is optional – shakers are always fun!