Find resources for getting support when you need it. For tips on preventing and preparing for mental health emergencies, please see our page on Coping with Mental Health Crises and Emergencies.
North Shore Resource Guide – in Farsi & English
Check out the brochures below for a list of local supports and services including:
- Housing & Shelter / مسکن و سرپناه
- Food Banks & Grocery / بانک غذا و خواروبار
- Health & Mental Health / بهداشت و سلامت روان
- Call for Distress/ تما س ها در مواقع سختی
- Financial Assistance / کمک مالی
- AND MORE…
Are you in crisis or an emergency?
If you are in an emergency, or feel that you or someone else is at risk of harm, please contact someone immediately:
- Call or text our Peer Assisted Care Team (PACT). Our mobile, community-led team will respond to crisis calls related to mental health and/or substance use on the North Shore for individuals aged 13 and above, 7 days from 8 am to 12:30 am. Call 1-888-261-7228 or text 778-839-1831. Services are available in Farsi and English.
- Call 911 for help right away. Speak to your doctor, or go to your nearest hospital emergency room, Urgent Primary Care Centre (UPCC), walk-in clinic or community health centre.
- Call 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433). If you are thinking about ending your life or are concerned about someone who may be, you can call for help any time of day or night, from anywhere across BC. It’s a free service.
Need someone to talk to right away?
If you are worried, confused or just need someone to talk to, there is help available:
- Mental Health Support Line: Call 310-6789 (do not add 604, 778 or 250 before the number). This number will connect you to your local BC crisis line without a wait or busy signal, 24 hours a day. Crisis line workers are trained to help provide emotional support as well as mental health information and resources.
- Kid’s Help Phone: Call 1-800-668-6868. For kids and teens (ages 20 and under), professional counsellors are available to help, 24 hours a day. It’s free, confidential and anonymous.
- Vancouver Coastal Region Distress Line: 604-872-3311
- Kuu-us Crisis Line (for First Nations, by First Nations): 1-800-588-8717
- Seniors Distress Line: 604-872-1234
- Online Chat for Youth: www.YouthInBC.com (Noon to 1am)
- Online Chat for Adults: www.CrisisCentreChat.ca (Noon to 1am)
Looking for community support services?
- Kelty Dennehy Mental Health Resource Centre: Located at the HOpe Centre, Lions Gate Hospital, we can help you navigate the mental health system and get information. Call 1-778-246-6062 or email email@example.com
We’re here to help in communities across BC. For mental health information and to connect with supports and resources in your community, contact us.