Over 400 books on mental health and wellness available to sign out
All books can be signed out for three weeks and renewed a maximum of two times. All members of the community are welcome and able to sign out materials from the library. The library is a partnership with the North Vancouver City Library (NVCL) and anyone with a NVCL card can sign out books. If you don’t have a NVCL card, no worries! We can easily hook you up with a card or connect your currently home library card to the NVCL system so you can sign out materials.
- Aboriginal Resources
- Addiction & Harm Reduction
- Anxiety, Stress
- Relationships, Communication, Emotions
- Developmental Disabilities & Mental Health
- Food, Body Image, Eating Disorders
- Gender/Queer Identity
- Health & Wellness
- Kids Books
- Mental Health General
- Personal Stories, Memoirs
- Personality Disorders
- Self-Harm, Suicide
- Therapy, Counselling, Interventions
- Trauma, Abuse, Violence
How to Renew Books: 3 Ways
- Login to the Kelty Centre Library Catalogue. Your login is the barcode on your library card. You PIN is the last 4 digits of your phone number. Here you can also place holds, see what you have checked out, see due dates and other information related to your account.
- Call the Kelty Centre at 604-984-5000 x5190
- Email email@example.com
Books can be dropped off (in order of preference):
- At the Resource Centre during our open hours (see below)
- To the Blenz Coffee Shop next door to the Resource Centre
- To the North Vancouver City Library
- To any public library on the North Shore (West Vancouver Memorial Library; North Vancouver District Public Library)
- To any public library in the Lower Mainland
Donate Your Books
We accept book donations. We are looking for materials that meet the following criteria:
- On a mental health and/or wellness issue
- In good condition
- Publication date after 2000 (unless it is a classic)
- Targeted toward those living with mental health challenges (not toward medical staff)
- No textbooks or religious materials
Book donations can be dropped off at the Resource Centre during open hours (see below). Thank you for your support!
In addition to books, we have a comprehensive collection of pamphlets and brochures on community resources available in the North Shore community. These resources include information on mental health, addiction, employment, housing, legal services, support groups, free food programs and youth programs.
We also have collection of DVDs on mental health and wellness. These DVDs are not yet available to be checked out, but you can watch them at the Centre during open hours.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604.984.5000 x5190.
We are currently under expansion and will be continuing to expand our library, resources and services!