Beat the Heat and Stay Safe
Summer has arrived in full force and we’re experiencing a record-breaking heatwave in the City. To help you stay cool and protect yourself, here are some details on water fill stations, cooling centres and links to health information on the effects of extreme heat and how to stay safe.
Water Fill Stations/Fountains
Stay hydrated and make use of the water fountains and filling stations at the following popular locations. See a map of all the locations here.
- Grand Boulevard Park (tennis court area, playground area) – 13th & Grand Boulevard
- Mosquito Creek Park – 17th & Fell Avenue
- Kings Mill Walk Park – Harbourside Place
- Waterfront Park – 200 block West Esplanade
- 14th Street Civic Plaza – 14th & Lonsdale
- Stella Jo Dean Plaza – 147 East 14th
- Victoria Park East at Lonsdale Avenue – Keith & Lonsdale
- Derek Inman Park – 200 block East 1st, northside
City Library, our designated primary cooling centre, is ready and providing cooling space and a water filling station for the community. Information and updates on cooling stations in the City can be found here.
- North Vancouver City Library – 120 14th West (14th & Lonsdale)
- Monday: 10am – 5pm
- Tuesday to Thursday: 10am – 8pm
- Friday to Saturday: 10am – 5pm
- Sunday: 1pm – 5pm
Are you or a loved one feeling unwell and experiencing a heat-related illness? Call 911. Don’t hesitate to call if someone in your care has a high body temperature and is either unconscious or has stopped sweating. You can also visit the following pages for specific emergency information: