Reach out to PACT when you or someone around you is in distress (North Shore residents ages 13+).
North Shore Peer Assisted Care Team (PACT)
It is an alternative to emergency services that pairs a mental health professional and a peer worker to provide trauma-informed support to individuals 13+.
Available in English and Farsi
Service hours: 7 days a week, 8:00 am – 12:30 am
PACT referral form
If the individual is at immediate risk to themselves or somebody else, call 9-1-1.
Trauma-informed, culturally responsive support
Crises we address
PACT is your local support team that you can reach out to when you or someone around you is in distress due to:
- Thoughts of hurting yourself or suicide
- Families experiencing challenges
- Drugs or alcohol use
- Loss of reality
- Feelings of hopelessness or despair
- Social isolation and loneliness
- Fear and anxiety
If you or someone around you is in immediate danger/ or safety risk, call 911.
How we can help
- Offer support to you or your loved one over the phone, text, or in-person wherever you feel comfortable
- Listen without judgement and provide a safe space for you to share your story and tell us what is going on
- Provide crisis counselling and de-escalation
- Accompany you to emergency departments, police stations, or community organizations
- Connect you to the appropriate resources, services and supports in the community to meet your underlying needs
- Provide short-term follow-up care to you and your family after a crisis event
What we can’t do
- Perform psychological assessments to diagnose mental illnesses or write prescriptions for medication
- Make referrals to psychiatrists or other medical specialists for specific treatments for mental or physical health conditions (but we can help you to access primary care)
- Fast-track applications for housing, income or disability assistance, or mental health services
PACT project is being launched in partnership with CMHA BC and other organizations. To learn more about our community planning process, how this project is growing at a provincial level and how to donate, visit CMHA BC PACT webpage.
Download PACT Posters & Brochure
Our posters and brochure offer information about PACT that can be shared in the community.
Find more resources
Find additional resources available on the North Shore, including community services and supports.