Call 1-888-261-7228 or text 778-839-1831 – available in English and Farsi
Our Service Hours: Thursday to Sunday, 6 pm to 12 midnight
If you or your loved one is in immediate danger, call 9-1-1. If the situation involves imminent safety risks or a possible threat of violence, police may be required to respond.
PACT is a mobile community-led team launched on November 4, 2021, that will respond to crisis calls related to mental health and/or substance use on the North Shore. The program pairs a mental health professional and a peer worker to provide trauma-informed support to youth aged 13+ or adults in the North Shore.
PACT is your local support team that you can reach out to when you or someone around you is in distress due to:
- thoughts of self-harm or suicide
- family members experiencing challenges
- substance use
- loss of reality
- feelings of hopelessness or despair
- social isolation and loneliness
- fear, anxiety, and depression
- other mental health-related emergencies
How we can help:
- Offer support to you or your loved one over the phone, text, or in-person wherever you feel comfortable
- Listen without judgement and provide a safe space for you to share your story and tell us what is going on
- Provide crisis counselling and de-escalation
- Advocate for you and accompany you to emergency departments, police stations, or community organizations
- Connect you to the appropriate resources, services and supports in the community to meet your underlying needs
- Provide short-term follow-up care to you and your family after a crisis event
What we cannot do:
- Transport you or your loved one from one place to another in the staff vehicle (if needed, transportation will be provided through taxi services)
- Perform psychological assessments to diagnose mental illnesses or write prescriptions for medication
- Make referrals to psychiatrists or other medical specialists for specific treatments for mental or physical health conditions (but we can help you to access primary care)
- Fast-track applications for housing, income or disability assistance, or mental health services.
PACT project is being launched in partnership with CMHA BC and other organizations. To learn more about our community planning process, how this project is growing at a provincial level and how to donate, visit CMHA BC PACT webpage.